We, ORC International (UK) Limited, provide organisations worldwide with innovative technology-based research solutions; combining the highest standards in data collection and analysis with in-depth market knowledge.
ORC AccessPoint provides online web portal access to those research solutions, project documents and reports.
ORC AccessPoint is hosted on our website secure servers.
Using this website and ORC AccessPoint
Violation of these terms may result in passwords and usernames being withdrawn.
Information and publications
Although we make our best efforts to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the information and publications on the website, we do not accept any liability or responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions. The views expressed by authors of publications published on the website do not necessarily represent our views. Decisions or actions based on the information and publications provided are for your own account and risk.
You shall indemnify us in respect of any and all claims, costs, losses, expenses and liabilities that we may suffer or incur arising out of (a) any information posted by you on this website or ORC AccessPoint (b) software used by you in connection with posting such information or (c) any unauthorised disclosure of confidential information by you.
In particular if you submit any material to this website or ORC AccessPoint, you represent and undertake the following:
• Not to introduce any computer viruses, routines, worms, bugs, codes, time bombs or any other mechanisms of whatsoever nature that is likely to cause damage to this website or its users.
• To ensure that the information posted is accurate and remains accurate.
• To fully test the software used to post the information on to this website for viruses using the using the latest high quality virus checking software commercially available in your country and to only post the information on this website if no known viruses were detected.
• To only permit duly authorised representatives to post information on this website in sections specifically designed for you to insert your information.
• Not to insert any obscene, pornographic, profane, abusive, hateful, threatening or offensive material or any material that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or damage our business, reputation and goodwill, or any misleading information relating to us or our clients.
• To acknowledge that you are responsible for the material you submit including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, or other material that would violate any law.
• Not to access or attempt to access any third party information on this website for which you have not been granted access
We retain all intellectual property rights, including copyrights and trademarks, in relation to all the information appearing on the website and ORC AccessPoint, except for the information produced on a bespoke basis for you. All data collected for analysis using ORC AccessPoint remains the property of the Client.
No information on the website may be copied, downloaded, published, distributed or reproduced, unless it was uploaded by you or we have given you written authorisation. Requests for authorisation should be addressed to email@example.com
We and you agree not to disclose any information, copyright, trademarks, database rights or any other information from the website or ORC AccessPoint to any third party.
We work hard to ensure that our systems are secure and that they meet industry standards. Where appropriate, we employ firewalls, encryption technology, user identification systems (e.g., passwords and personal identification numbers) and access control mechanisms to control access to systems and data.
Our web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Only certain employees have access to the information you provide us. They have access only for data analysis and quality control purposes.
• The ORC AccessPoint portal will be hosted upon our secure servers.
• All Internet traffic is subject to perimeter router and firewall security prior to being passed to our local network.
• The database server is located behind an industry standard firewall. On-line access can only be made using the supplied web application via our firewall.
• All IP addresses, system logs and server event logs are monitored by a dedicated security team.
• All material on ORC Accesspoint will undergo screening for viruses.
• All data will be securely transmitted and encrypted over the Internet by using 256 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL Version 3) Technology.
• An industry standard public/private keys for the SSL system will be provided by an accredited 3 rd party certificate authority.
• All data stored within ORC Accesspoint will be securely stored within a SQL compliant database on our database server, which is located behind an industry standard firewall.
Storage of your company’s own data and project documents will be limited to 100mb.
We have taken reasonable precautions to minimise the risk from software viruses. However, you should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments.
Where web-based communication is involved, our systems are designed to be used with Microsoft Internet Explorer v.7.0 and above or the Latest 2 supported releases of Chrome, Safari and Firefox. However, most browsers pre-dating these versions will support the software with little discernible loss of performance/formatting.
To use highlights, comments and hierarchybuilder users must have Adobe Flash Player 10.0.0 or above installed. To view PDF exports we recommend that end users have Adobe Reader 8 or above installed.
ORC Accesspoint, through which highlights is accessed, has the following minimum browser requirements:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later, or
Mozilla Firefox 3 or later, or
Apple Safari 3 or later
We will be continually improving and enhancing the website and ORC AccessPoint. These changes will be made without prior notice, but will be clearly communicated on the website for a period of at least 30 days after any new version is uploaded.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Using ORC AccessPoint
Service period and renewal
The agreed period of service is an initial term of twelve months. This term starts from the date at which usernames and passwords [and access keys] are issued to you. A user’s guide to ORC AccessPoint will also be issued at this time.
You will receive a renewal notice by email from us, not less than 30 days before the end of the term to ask if you wish to renew. If you reply by email before the end of the term saying you do wish to renew, renewal will start the day after the date of expiry of the initial term and will be for a further period of 12 months, renewable as before. If you do not reply or you reply by email saying you do not wish to renew, your data will be archived off our servers 30 days after the end of the calendar year of ORC AccessPoint service. During this time, you will be able to retrieve all data and reports belonging to you from the website.
Activation and security
In order to activate ORC AccessPoint you will be issued with unique usernames and passwords, these are not transferable.
By using ORC AccessPoint you agree not to disclose the username and password details to unauthorised individuals and you agree that you are liable for any loss or damage caused to us as a result. Employees leaving your organisation must undertake not to use the username and password details again. Upon request we can disable leavers’ usernames and passwords.
The number of usernames and passwords supported for each ORC AccessPoint is detailed in your Service Level agreement. If you wish to purchase additional user licences please contact our
Customer Care team.
We can provide a range of additional services to you through ORC AccessPoint; please contact your project manager for more details.
How to contact us
We have a dedicated technical customercare team supporting the website and ORC AccessPoint.
You can email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our normal business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. If you wish to extend your support beyond these hours, please contact either our customercare team, or the ORC International Project Manager for your project.
We are ORC International (UK) Limited and our registered address is 186 City Road, London, EC1V 2NT (company number 1088226)